Remote First Aid - Fraser Valley Women's Outdoor Club - Abbotsford
17junAll Day25Remote First Aid - Fraser Valley Women's Outdoor Club - Abbotsford20 HOURS - no first aid prerequisites required
PRIVATE TRAINING FOR MEMBERS OF THE FRASER VALLEY WOMEN’S OUTDOOR CLUB! Comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who live or work in a non-urban or
PRIVATE TRAINING FOR MEMBERS OF THE FRASER VALLEY WOMEN’S OUTDOOR CLUB!
Comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who live or work in a non-urban or remote workplace or community, or who are outdoor recreation enthusiasts. Participants will gain the skills and training required for planning, preventing injury, and promoting individual safety in a remote setting. Includes strategies for providing extended care in a remote setting for up to 24 hours. The course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
**Online registrations will close 1 week prior to the event! For registrations within one week of desired course, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (604)477-4663.
20 hours of in class instruction (not including lunch breaks)
- Saturday June 17th – 8:30am-2:30pm
- Saturday June 24th – 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Sunday June 25th – 8:30am – 4:30pm
Individuals who live, work, or play in non-urban or remote workplaces or communities, or in a wilderness environment (2–3 hours from organized health care).
Participant must be in good health and physical condition
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills
- Ability to complete a written, closed book, independently completed knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%
- Must meet additional legislative requirements, if applicable
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Remote First Aid & CPR C (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- 8-10 hours of teaching time
- Proof of current Remote First Aid or Wilderness Remote First Aid certification (or as legislation dictates) required.
- Must have access to the most current CRC Remote First Aid participant materials
- Planning and assessment
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Poisons and wildlife
- Extended care and evacuation
- Occupational health and safety
june 17 (Saturday) - 25 (Sunday)