David Wooldridge – Owner/Operator:
Dave’s experience is one of direct Red Cross involvement, as a previous member of the specialty First Aid Technical Advisory Group (FATAG). Approximately 5 years ago, he worked closely on the Remote and Wilderness programs, along with developing the Canadian Red Cross Wilderness First Responder offering. Dave’s list of certifications includes Wilderness First Responder Instructor Trainer, First Aid Instructor Trainer and First Responder Instructor Trainer. Dave and his team have offered First Aid and Wilderness First Aid programs all over Canada, while also having the great opportunity to run the very first Wilderness First Aid in Shanghai, China approximately 3 years ago. Ridge First Aid trains a number of Search and Rescue teams across British Columbia, along with that Ridge has trained the Army Rangers in Yellowknife. As an additional reference to his experience and qualifications, Dave is not solely a Red Cross training partner, he is also an advanced instructor trainer in Lake, Moving Water, Big Canoe style Coastal Tripping Canoeing with Paddle Canada. Dave was also the past Chair for the Canoeing Committee with Paddle Canada and recently stepped down as the Chair of the Canoe Camping Committee as well.
Shaun Glass – Lead SAR Instructor:
A search and rescue professional with over 20 years in operational, instructional and managerial experience within the emergency services and search and rescue/survival fields, working with community stakeholders, provincial and national agencies, diverse clients, and volunteers.
- Wilderness First Responder Instructor (Red Cross) 2021
- Wilderness First Responder Course (Red Cross) 2020
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid Instructor (Red Cross) 2019
- SAR Manager Course (Justice Institute BC) 2019
- Incident Command Systems 200 (Justice Institute BC) 2019
- Public Safety Lifeline Leadership (Justice Institute BC) 2018
- Ground Search & Rescue (GSAR) Train the Trainer (Justice Institute BC) 2017
- Ground Search Team Leader (Justice Institute BC) 2016
- Organized Avalanche Response Team Member (Justice Institute BC)
- Incident Command Systems 100 (Justice Institute BC)
- Swift Water Rescue Technician Level 2 (Rescue Canada)
- Ground Search and Rescue Course (Justice Institute BC) 2015
- Level II B.C. Paramedic Certification (Justice Institute BC – Vancouver & Comox) 1997
- Canadian Air Force Search and Rescue Technician (SarTech) Comox, BC 1997
WORK AND VOLUNTEER RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Emergency Management BC June 2021-present
- job title: Search and Rescue Training Officer
- experience includes: writing Search and rescue training polices, working in the Provincial Emergency Coordination Centre during wildfire season; adherence to Provincial legislation. Active member of Search and Rescue operations teams. Understanding and implementing Search and Rescue policies and procedures.
- Rescue Canada (Chilliwack, BC) 2019 – 2021
- job title: occasional instructor
- experience includes: instructor of winter survival courses and assisted with delivery of courses within the helicopter safety rescue program.
- Ridge Wilderness Adventures (Abbotsford, BC) July 2019 – present
- job title: Remote, Wilderness and Wilderness First Responder Instructor.
- experience includes: instruction of Red Cross Certified programming for community groups, outdoor enthusiasts and camp instructors.
- Pro Aviation (Fraser Valley, BC) May 2018 – present
- job title: Egress and Survival Instructor
- experience includes: aircraft ditching, underwater egress, HUET and sea survival training to pilots, flight crews and passengers working in the aviation, marine and offshore industry.
- Chinook Helicopters (Abbotsford, B.C.) Jan 2017 – present
- job title: Curriculum Designer and Survival Instructor
- experience includes: creation and delivery of survival course and instructing aviation students on survival as part of their ground school course.
- Central Fraser Valley Search and Rescue Team (Abbotsford, B.C.) Jan 2015 – Apr 2021
- job title: (volunteer) President, Search Manager, Trainer, GSAR Team Leader
- experience includes: Search lead, Teams training officer and First aid chair. GSAR member duties include searching for missing people, evidence searches, training in survival and back country rescue.
- Canadian Air Force Search and Rescue (Trenton, Ontario) Jan 1997 – Aug 2001
- experience includes: medical response; parachuting; diving; climbing; maintenance of rescue equipment; fm/uhf/vhf radio control; sat. phone; GPS; team oriented atmosphere.
- trauma response re: first response treatment and assessment of victims of trauma (plane and boating accidents, ambulatory care, families of victims).
- community liaison re: presentations to community groups (police, doctors, nurses, general public) on rescue related topics including water safety, water rescue, rescue equipment and procedures.
- medical coordinator re: effectively coordinated community ties with Toronto Ambulance Service for large scale programming of continuation training in medical protocols for all 424 Squadron Sar Techs.
- Former Provincial Road Cyclist Cat.½ Licensed
- Former Provincial Mountain Bike Cyclist Pro/Elite Licensed
- Adventure Racing and Cyclocross
Mt. Rainier, Mt. Athabasca, Mt. Moro, Mt. Edith Cavell, Assiniboine, Mountaineering Yamnuska, Adirondacks, Columbia Icefields, and Kananaskis, Mt. Baker, Mt. Robie Reid Local climbs in Ontario, Alberta, BC, Quebec and New York Lead climber, trad, sport and ice Hiking in Ontario, BC, Alberta, Quebec and New York.