Remote First Aid
Remote First Aid
Are you a lover of the great outdoors? Do you enjoy the thrill of adventure, but also value safety above all else? Well, have we got the perfect opportunity for you! Introducing our 20 hour Remote First Aid Course!
This course is specifically designed for all you weekend warriors, scout and guide leaders, and wilderness instructors who like to stay closer to help. We understand the unique challenges of the environments we play in, which is why we’ve added basic shelter construction to our already comprehensive content. And guess what? All of this will be taught by our amazing team of Wilderness experts, guaranteeing you an epic time!
But what exactly will you learn in this course? Well, get ready to gain some serious first aid and CPR skills. Whether you live or work in a non-urban or remote workplace or community, or you’re simply an outdoor recreation enthusiast, this course is perfect for you. You’ll learn everything you need to know about planning, preventing injury, and promoting individual safety in a remote setting. Plus, we’ll even teach you strategies for providing extended care for up to 24 hours. And here’s the best part – the course is taught in an outdoor setting, so get ready for some physical activity and endurance training like you’ve never experienced before!
Now, let’s talk about the perks. We offer Free Skill Refreshers for up to 2 years after completing the course. That’s right, we want to make sure you stay on top of your game! And don’t worry, we’ve got you covered when it comes to CPR C and AED training. Plus, if you’re feeling ambitious, you can upgrade to the next level – Wilderness First Aid – within 1 year of completing this course. And here’s a bonus – this course counts for 20 credits towards keeping your EMR License current. Talk about a win-win!
So, what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity. Online registrations will close 1 week prior to the event, so make sure to secure your spot now. If you have any questions or need assistance with registration, feel free to contact our office at email@example.com or give us a call at (604)477-4663. We can’t wait to embark on this adventure with you!
- Join any 20-hr public RFA Course to complete your recertification (purchased under specific recertification link) OR
- Join any 10-hr in person RFA recertification specific course to complete your recert.
20 hours of amazing wilderness learning
Cost: $329.95 – $399.95 + tax
*Price varies by location
Pre-requisite(s): Ages 12+. Participants must be in good health and physical condition.
• Ability to complete a written, closed book, independently completed knowledge evaluation with
a minimum mark of 75%
• Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
Click Here for Course Content
Preparation and Planning
- Trip plans and their importance
- Group dynamics
- Legalities of First Aid?
- Lowering the risk of infection?
Priority Level based on Accessibility and Need (P.L.A.N.)
- Learn how to formulate your evacuation and prioritize your action plan
- Choking-Mild and Severe, Unconscious Adult
- Choking-conscious and unconscious Child
Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- Respiratory Distress
- Allergic Reactions
- Smoke Inhalation
- Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Learn about Angina and Heart Attacks
- CPR and AED (Automatic External Defibrillator)
- External Bleeding (Deadly Bleeds)
- Internal bleeding
- Flail Chest
- General wounds (Lacerations, Scrapes, Punctures and Skin Flap)
Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Splints and Slings
Head and Spine Injuries
- Spinal Precautions
- Spinal Rolls
- Head alignment
- Stings, bites and anything else that would harm you in the woods
Evacuation and Transportation
- Tarp carries
- Psychological care for the First Aider
FAQ'S - CLICK HERE
First Aid Courses
Frequently Asked Questions
What levels of First Aid do you offer?
We offer the following courses publicly:
- Remote First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid
- Wilderness First Responder
- Wilderness First Aid Instructor
- OFA 1 Equivalency (SFA Certification)
We also offer recertification courses for all of the above.
In addition, we offer the following for private courses:
- Standard First Aid
- Emergency First Aid
- Transportation Endorsement
- Marine First Aid
- OFA 1 Equivalency
Do you offer Occupational First Aid level 1?
We offer Standard and Emergency First Aid training. These certifications are equivalent and recognized by WorkSafeBC, as Occupational Level 1. These certifications can be added onto any of our Wilderness Courses for an additional fee.
I want to take the 40 hour course, but I can only attend on weekends, what are my options?
If you are looking to obtain a 40 hour WFA Certificate, you can opt to take TWO weekend courses.
- Weekend 1: Remote First Aid (20 hours)
- Weekend 2: Remote to Wilderness First Aid Bridge (20 hours)
If you would like to take advantage of our package pricing, and save yourself $100, contact our office and we can give you this discount for pre-purchasing the two weekends at once!
What kind of first aid do I need to lead overnight trips?
We recommend holding a minimum of a 40 hour Wilderness First Aid Certification, when planning to take people out in the wilderness on an overnight journey.
Ready to register, but have a question? Call us!