Remote First Aid - Kamloops
Comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who live or work in a non-urban or remote workplace or community, or who are outdoor recreation enthusiasts.
Comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who live or work in a non-urban or remote workplace or community, or who are outdoor recreation enthusiasts. Participants will gain the skills and training required for planning, preventing injury, and promoting individual safety in a remote setting. Includes strategies for providing extended care in a remote setting for up to 24 hours. Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
20 hours of in class instruction (not including lunch breaks)
- Day 1 + 2: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Day 3: 8:30 am – 1:30 pm
Individuals who live or work in non-urban or remote workplaces or communities, or in a wilderness environment (2–3 hours from organized health care).
Participant must be in good health and physical condition
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills
- Ability to complete a written, closed book, independently completed knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%
- Must meet additional legislative requirements, if applicable
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Remote First Aid & CPR C (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- 8-10 hours of teaching time
- Proof of current Remote First Aid or Wilderness Remote First Aid certification (or as legislation dictates) required.
- Must have access to the most current CRC Remote First Aid participant materials
- Planning and assessment
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Poisons and wildlife
- Extended care and evacuation
- Occupational health and safety
may 22 (Monday) - 24 (Wednesday)