Remote First Aid Recert - Edmonton
RECERTIFICATION ONLY – MUST HOLD CURRENT/VALID REMOTE FIRST AID CERTIFICATE OR EQUIVALENCY. Comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who live or work in a non-urban
RECERTIFICATION ONLY – MUST HOLD CURRENT/VALID REMOTE FIRST AID CERTIFICATE OR EQUIVALENCY.
Comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who live or work in a non-urban or remote workplace or community, or who are outdoor recreation enthusiasts. Participants will gain the skills and training required for planning, preventing injury, and promoting individual safety in a remote setting. Includes strategies for providing extended care in a remote setting for up to 24 hours. Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
Prior to course – Self paced online component
Day 1 + 2: 8:30am – 6:30pm
Individuals who live or work in non-urban or remote workplaces or communities, or in a wilderness environment (2–3 hours from organized health care).
Participant must be in good health and physical condition
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills
- Ability to complete a written, closed book, independently completed knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%
- Must meet additional legislative requirements, if applicable
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Remote First Aid & CPR C (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- Planning and assessment
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR and AED
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Poisons and wildlife
- Extended care and evacuation
- Occupational health and safety
november 12 (Saturday) - 13 (Sunday)
Ticket Section Title
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!