Wilderness First Aid - Prince George
18octAll Day22Wilderness First Aid - Prince George40 HOURS - no first aid prerequisites required
Participants will learn comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills, as well as skills required to plan, prevent injury and promote safety for themselves and peers while
Participants will learn comprehensive first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills, as well as skills required to plan, prevent injury and promote safety for themselves and peers while in a wilderness or remote workplace or community. Instruction will focus on developing leadership skills, assessment, decision-making skills, and strategies for providing extended care for up to 24 hours. Prevention, health and wellness of the group is a key focus. The course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training. We also add basic shelter construction that is not part of the certificate!
**Online registrations will close 1 week prior to the event! For registrations within one week of desired course, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (604)477-4663.
40 hours of in class instruction (not including lunch breaks)
- Day 1 + 2: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Day 3: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
- Day 4 + 5: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Designed for individuals who work in a wilderness setting (3 or more hours from organized health care) with challenging environments and/or varied risk levels and require skills to promote safety for themselves and peers (leading groups in a professional capacity). Suitable for those who wish to become professional guides, parks officials and/or work in fields such as recreation and ecotourism.
Participants must be 16 years of age and in good health and physical condition.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills
- Ability to complete a written, closed book knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Wilderness First Aid & CPR C + AED(digital certificate issued upon successful completion).
- 16–20 hours of teaching time
- Proof of current recognized Wilderness First Aid or Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification (or as legislation dictates) required.
- Must have access to the most current CRC Wilderness First Aid participant materials
- Planning and assessment
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR C and AED
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Poisons and wildlife
- Extended care and evacuation
- Occupational health and safety
october 18 (Wednesday) - 22 (Sunday)
Prince George, BC