Wilderness First Aid Recertification - Abbotsford
RECERTIFICATION ONLY – MUST HAVE CURRENT/VALID WFA CERTIFICATE Participants will acquire a comprehensive understanding of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques, as well as the necessary skills to
RECERTIFICATION ONLY – MUST HAVE CURRENT/VALID WFA CERTIFICATE
Participants will acquire a comprehensive understanding of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) techniques, as well as the necessary skills to effectively plan, prevent injuries, and ensure safety for themselves and their peers in wilderness, remote workplace, or community settings. The instruction will primarily focus on the development of leadership abilities, assessment and decision-making skills, and strategies for providing extended care for a duration of up to 24 hours. Emphasizing the prevention, health, and overall well-being of the group is of utmost importance. It is worth noting that this course takes place in an outdoor environment, requiring a higher level of physical activity and endurance compared to standard first aid training. Additionally, we offer an additional component of basic shelter construction, which is not included in the certification.
Please be advised that registrations for this course will be closed one week prior to the event. For any registrations made within one week of the desired course, please contact our office at email@example.com or call (604)477-4663.
20 hours of in class instruction (not including lunch breaks)
Feb 16 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Feb 17-18 8:30 am – 6:30 pm
Designed for individuals who work in a wilderness setting (3 or more hours from organized health care) with challenging environments and/or varied risk levels and require skills to promote safety for themselves and peers (leading groups in a professional capacity). Suitable for those who wish to become professional guides, parks officials and/or work in fields such as recreation and ecotourism.
Participants must be 16 years of age and in good health and physical condition.
- Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate the skills
- Ability to complete a written, closed book knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 75%
- Participants must attend and participate in 100% of the course
3-year certification in Wilderness First Aid & CPR C + AED(digital certificate issued upon successful completion).
- 20 hours of teaching time
- Proof of current recognized Wilderness First Aid or Advanced Wilderness First Aid certification (or as legislation dictates) required.
- Must have access to the most current CRC Wilderness First Aid participant materials
- Planning and assessment
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- CPR C and AED
- Wound care
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental injuries and illnesses
- Poisons and wildlife
- Extended care and evacuation
- Occupational health and safety
february 16 (Friday) - 18 (Sunday)